About SRC «Youth
The Scientific Research Centre “Youth” is a unique centre for the study of the state of contemporary Kazakhstani youth. The Centre conducts in-depth research on youth and youth policy in order to identify trends that have been in the shadows.
The main activities of the Youth Research Centre are
- conducting basic and applied research on the key areas of state youth policy implementation in accordance with the age groups of young people;
- conducting sociological measurements on topical issues of state youth policy;
- updating state priorities among young people;
- modelling priority areas of youth policy development;
- methodological support for inter-sectoral cooperation between the concerned government agencies;
- increasing the level of competence of participants in state youth policy.
The scientific research centre's brand is the National Report “Youth of Kazakhstan”. Since its inception, the centre has produced and released eight national reports that include such areas of youth life as
- Demographic characteristics of young people;
- Health and leisure of young people;
- Education and science in the life of young people;
- Socio-economic status of young people;
- Value orientations and interests of modern youth;
- Youth in socio-political processes;
- Crime in youth environment;
- Youth policy as a factor of sustainable state development, etc.
The National Report is the result of comprehensive work and interaction between experts and representatives of various sectors at all levels.
The Scientific Research Centre “Youth” currently has the following units within its structure:
- Analysis and Communications Department;
- Sociological Research and Forecasting Department;
- Methodological Support of Youth Resource Centres Department;
- Organisational and Financial Department.